02 September 2019
Director of Policy
A London Borough need an Interim Director of Policy or an experienced Director who has led policy and strategy within their portfolio. They are looking for someone who ideally has local government, central government or senior think tank experience. The initial term is for three months, and the brief is to design and pilot a new strategy service for the Council. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Be lead Policy adviser to Management Board and Cabinet
- Develop a concept for policy and strategy design, working with senior officers and councillors to gain their buy in.
- Designing and leading pilot work to develop a strategic policy approach in two areas, Violent Crime and Poverty.
- Considering best practice and internal learning to propose a structure, function and business plan for the unit
- Establish professional standards within the service, ensuring that the approaches and systems are modern and fit for purpose.
The closing date is Tuesday 3rd September at 5pm. This role will be inside IR35 and day rate will be dependent on experience.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.