22 September 2019
Director of Organisational Development and People
An acute trust in Salisbury is seeking a full time Director of Organisational Development and People for a fixed term period of 4-6 months.
The role will require someone to hit the ground running to roll-out a number of pre-established HR & OD programmes, as well as devise new initiatives to help the trust reach its People Strategy objectives.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Develop approaches to pay and conditions, which motivate, recruit and retain staff within the available resources and national parameters
- Devise and implement a programme of Organisational Development for the Trust that supports the Trust’s overall strategy, vision and values
- Work with other Directors to ensure the Trust meets all its corporate and statutory responsibilities
- Champion and promote the Diversity and Inclusion agenda ensuring all staff are involved
- Lead the OD programme and contribute to the Executive and Board development programme
- Ensure support for Clinical Directors, General Managers, Senior Nurses and professional leads in key people management processes including appraisals, sickness absence management, minimising costs of temporary staffing, optimising skill mix, maximising productivity, benefits realisation from Agenda for Change and the Consultant contract (in support of the Medical Director)
- Contribute to the overall Trust financial planning and management through benchmarking workforce indicators and developing and implementing plans to improve performance
- Work closely, in partnership with employees and Trade Union representatives, to develop policies and practices which respond to national and local policy directives in accordance with present and future legislation
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.