15 August 2019
Our client, a London Borough, requires an Interim Director of Strategy, or an experienced Director, who has led policy and strategy within local government, central government or have senior think tank experience. The initial term is for three months, and the post-holder will be required to design and pilot a new strategy service for the Council.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Develop a concept for strategy design at the Borough; working with senior officers and councillors to gain their buy in.
- Work with the organisation to identify policy, strategy, data and partnership resources from around the Council which can be transferred into the service.
- Design and lead pilot work on Violent Crime and Poverty.
- Consider best practice and internal learning to propose a structure, function and business plan for the unit
- Establish professional standards within the service, ensuring that the approaches and systems are modern and fit for purpose.
- Be lead Strategy and Policy advisor to Management Board and Cabinet
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.