15 August 2019
Brexit Lead Project Manager
Local Government has a vital role in ensuring the Brexit departure is as smooth as possible, just as central government is urgently intensifying preparation in advance of 31 October, it is right that Local Authorities work to do the same in every community. To help coordinate the efforts the council are looking to engage a senior interim, duties will include but not be limited to:
- Ensuring the council has taken all reasonable steps, in line with national guidance and messaging, to prepare for exit from the EU on 31 October. This will include clear communication to local residents and businesses to support their own preparations for Brexit and a plan for how the council communicates important messages to stakeholders
- Leading a review of business continuity arrangements across the council to ensure plans are in place to mitigate any possible impacts of Brexit
- Ensuring the council has a team in place which is equipped to support the delivery of Brexit, ready for the period around 31 October
- Overseeing the expenditure of the specific Brexit funding allocated to the council and ensuring it is effectively contributing to local preparations
- Playing a full part in our Borough Resilience Forum to ensure that its plans for a no-deal Brexit take account of relevant local circumstances and potential impacts on local communities
This role will be outside IR35, with a day rate c£700 for 3-6 months. The closing date is Friday 16 August 2019
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.