16 June 2019
Head of Law and Governance and Monitoring Officer for a period of 6 months on a competitive day rate.
To be the lead advisor to the council for all law and governance matters and to carry out the statutory duties of the Monitoring Officer.
- Fulfil the statutory role of Monitoring Officer with specific responsibility for ensuring high standards of conduct among member and Officers of the Council and ensuring the lawfulness of the Authority’s decision making;
- In the role of Monitoring Officer, reporting on matters they believe are, or are likely to be, illegal or amount to maladministration;
- Being a member of the Strategic Leadership Team;
- Lead the following services within agreed budgets, and in accordance with all council policies and priorities, and ensure that they are efficient, focused, customer facing and accountable:
- Shared Legal Service;
- Information Governance;
- Procurement and Contracts;
- Democratic Services;
- Electoral Services; and
- Civic Office.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.