16 May 2019
An Interim Chief Operating Officer is required for this South East based NHS client. As a member of the executive team, you will work with the Chair, Non-Executive Directors, Chief Executive and fellow directors to shape the strategy of the Trust and develop the plans for its implementation, monitoring delivery of these to assure the Board of their realisation, and ensuring that the people capacity and capability are in place to achieve them. You will also will ensure that the Trust meets its core non-clinical operational objectives, complying with statutory and legal requirements, without sacrificing clinical standards, patient care and financial imperatives.
Key duties of the role will include:
- To be responsible to the Chief Executive and Trust Board for the effective and efficient delivery of all operational services, and some non- clinical support services with particular emphasis on performance management, financial and contractual requirements
- To effectively engage across all operational service delivery functions to ensure there are robust processes in place to agree and meet financial and activity targets for the current year and in outline for future years.
- To lead on operational efficiencies and cost improvement work programmes, thereby raising standards of practice, productivity and value for money.
- To lead on transformational change across organisational boundaries to enable the effective delivery of strategy, through the delivery of specific service improvement programmes.
- To lead on business continuity management including emergency planning.
- To lead on performance delivery of all national and local performance targets and to embed and sustain a performance management culture across the organisation.
- To develop a high performing team of senior managers who work to key performance indicators and who are held to account in terms of delivery.
You will need to be an experienced executive and be able to demonstrate experience with delivering results within a similar role, ideally with the NHS or Health sector. Strong communication and relationships skills are also required, as is the ability to lead and manage change in order to deliver strategic outcomes and results.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.