Landlord Services Manager
A service block within the Council acts as the managing agent for all the Council’s existing land, property and infrastructure assets. Some of these services will be directly delivered by the service; others will be delivered through sub-contractors such as repairs and maintenance; refuse; street cleaning etc. The Landlord Services Team is responsible for tenancy management and enforcement of tenancy conditions for all tenants and leaseholders, as well as home owners (shared ownership). This team manage the day to day issues in respect of property occupied or utilised by tenants, leaseholders and owners. The team work closely with ComSol, Elevate and the Sales and Leases team to provide a joined-up tenancy management function which aims to maintain tenancies wherever possible whilst reinforcing individual responsibility for behaviour and retention of accommodation/premises. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- This role is responsible for leading the Landlord Services Teams in delivering modern, commercial and relevant tenancy and leasehold management services to leaseholders, tenants and stakeholders
- Overall responsibility for the management and enforcement of tenancy and lease conditions as required
- Ensure that the Council’s statutory duties as a Landlord (residential and commercial) are met.
- Represent the Council and the My Place service as required at meetings, forums and events.
- Act as an expert on landlord services across the Council and within My Place as required, monitoring service delivery against best practise within the sector and leading the team to achieve best quality outcomes for tenants, leaseholders and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain effective networks both in and outside the Council, to influence policy, decision making and service delivery
This role is initially for 6 months inside IR35 c£550 per day
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.