Interim Category Lead - Corporate Services
One of the largest teaching trusts in the UK is seeking an Interim Category Lead, Corporate Services. The Trust provides academically-led acute and specialist services, to people from the local area, from throughout the United Kingdom, and from overseas. The Trust provides a wide range of clinical services, specialist services and in this post you will maximise value from the supply chain by developing and leading on strategic procurement and category management across the designated corporate expenditure categories. The successful candidate must be able to report on procurement and commercial activity to the division and for the spend categories via appropriate and relevant ways (dashboards, reports, KPIs, data analysis) – and work in conjunction with others to ensure consistency and reliability of such information and reporting. Other duties will include but not be limited to:
- Be the dedicated point of contact for all procurement and supply chain issues associate with the designated category of expenditure and to coordinate activities with the divisional Procurement Business Partners where appropriate (e.g. for ICT).
- To manage designated expenditure categories across the Trust divisions where appropriate.
- To deliver benefits in line with agreed Divisional, Departmental and Trust targets.
- To ensure appropriate and effective contract management is in place in conjunction with key stakeholders for all expenditure across the category
- Ensure contract compliance of all expenditure and pursue procurement excellence through the development and implementation of efficient and effective procurement projects across these key areas of expenditure. To carry out appropriate levels of assurance and due diligence across the supply chain to assess any risk, confirm appropriate standards are being maintained, ensure reliability of supply, and ensure legislative and contractual compliance.
- Develop strategic procurement and commercial strategies for the expenditure categories and to maintain short, medium and long term workplan and benefits forecast with appropriate levels of detail.
This role is inside IR35 and £450 per day for 3-6 months.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.