04 May 2019
Head of Category Management
We are seeking an experienced Head of Category Management to develop, motivate and manage the Category Managers and Specialists across a diverse spend portfolio, in accordance with agreed strategies and processes to optimise procurement spend. Through a category management approach to managing expenditure you will identify and deliver significant improvement in value for money,customer satisfaction and engage with senior level colleagues to ensure organisational and functional requirements are understood and incorporated into category plans. In this post you will understand current & future customer needs, constraints, innovation and developing fit for purpose requirement specifications. Some of the key work will include:
- Ensure compliance to appropriate procurement regulations, other relevant legislation and internal financial procedures.
- Monitoring supplier and performance and seeking ways to optimise new contracts.
- EC Procurement Directives - implements and monitors policies and procedures relating to European law.
- Category knowledge within the market managed, in all aspects of the market, which also requires engineering knowledge, product knowledge, manufacturing processes, supply chain.
- Project Management - the ability to manage large complex projects, involving personnel from many disciplines/departments in client organisations and suppliers.
- Proficiency in the use of e-commerce tools, E-tendering, E-auctions
This role is inside IR35 and will be for an extended period of time and suit someone looking for a longer term assignment with the possibility of going permanent. Salary is dependent on experience, please get in touch for a full job description.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.