£400 per day
We are working with a University in the South of England who are looking for an Interim Head of Health & Safety to work closely with the Registrar & University Secretary.
The key tasks for this role will be:
- To establish and keep under review the University’s health and safety policies and associated procedures, providing advice as necessary on the need for changes resulting from legislation, regulations or organisational developments.
- To establish and communicate a rolling strategy for the management of health and safety, with clear priorities, aims, objectives and outcomes.
- To keep under review the internal organisation for delivering health and safety at local level, liaising with line managers and establishing systems for monitoring compliance with corporate requirements.
- To provide professional advice to managers and staff on all aspects of health and safety affecting the University.
- To establish robust systems for accident and incident reporting, review all such reports, investigate major incidents, and report to the Health and Safety Executive as necessary.
Day rate: £400 per day Inside IR35
3-6 month duration
For more information, please contact Sophie Younger on:
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.