23 January 2019
Senior Construction Project Manager c£400
We are looking for an experienced Interim Senior Project Manager to join a recently established team who are bringing all of the Council’s major construction activities including residential, commercial, health and social care, agricultural and educational buildings under one remit. You will work on an exceptional variety of construction projects which an include extending or modifying existing properties as well as constructing new ones. Knowledge of design and construction is required in order to manage the work streams and procedures that form part of the role. Experience of working with clients from the very beginning will add real value to the projects. As part of your role you will manage the performance of poor performing contractors and using your strong mediation and conflict resolution skills manage any contract disputes that may arise. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Manage and deliver construction projects and programmes using the corporate project management methodology and best practice to ensure that projects meet the time, budget and quality requirements of the client. T
- Set up effective project governance and produce project management documentation for all projects to enable effective project delivery and reporting.
- Identify, assess and manage project risks and issues including the use of change control, the development of contingency plans and exception reporting.
- Create, allocate and co-ordinate project tasks and work packages.
- Assist clients to define their requirements in sufficient detail to enable the project to be specified, designed and tendered. Undertake stakeholder engagement and produce Communication Plans for all projects to enable effective delivery and achieve high levels of customer and stakeholder satisfaction.
The role is for 4 months inside IR35 and the closing date is Wednesday 23rd January 2019 at 10am.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.