13 November 2018
Head of Planning, 2 year fixed term contract, based in the Northern Home Counties, c£70k
You will be joining the Council at an exciting time, where you will be responsible for the delivery of the District Plan, which sets out key policies, that will impact the longer term environment and development of the local area. This will include:
- Working with external infrastructure providers, identifying the needs of the community and formulating plans for delivery
- Leading on housing development sites
- Supporting key Council objectives around physical development, including retail, residential, arts, culture and leisure
You will need to demonstrate:
- Experience of working at a senior level in a planning arena within a large, complex organisation in the public sector.
- A strong understanding of working within a political environment, and have skills in understanding and responding to different perspectives, and taking a cross-organisational perspective.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing multi-disciplinary teams within Planning.
- RTPI Qualification
Closing Date: Friday 2nd Nov 2018
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.