17 October 2018
We are pleased to be working with a leading University based in the Midlands who have an immediate opportunity for an Interim Director of Strategic Planning & Analytics. The successful individual will demonstrate gravitas and credibility at Board level, have experience in working across the senior executive teams within a University and can demonstrate strong leadership and operational management skills.
The key job responsibilities and duties will include:
- Provide leadership and development of the strategy for university planning and resource allocation in relation to student numbers and teaching activity. This includes responsibility for the overall framework for the provision of data and management information and its accuracy. It also includes the ongoing development of management information systems to ensure they are fit for purpose and can underpin robust strategic planning and forecasting. The management information framework will be cross-functional and University-wide to enable effective institutional planning. You’ll initiate and trial new management information systems and frameworks to develop, implement and lead new areas of policy and identify the emerging MI needs for the institution.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of high-quality data returns to the relevant regulatory bodies, both in relation to staff and student data. This involves adhering to external requirements and assessing institutional/reputational impact of external submissions e.g. league tables.
- Lead and analyse the nature and determinants of institutional performance to drive management decisions.
- Develop and deliver the management information-related elements of the institutional strategy and working with senior stakeholders, including Professional Services colleagues, the Provost and PVCs, manage its systematic implementation.
- Develop and lead the process for academic strategic planning across the institution, both annually and over longer-term horizons, in relation to student numbers/load, space demand, utilisation and timetabling to inform wider strategic planning.
- Work in conjunction with academic schools/faculties in the process of strategy development and renewal.
- Be responsible for the University’s planning in relation to its teaching activities to negotiate, develop and identify potential new areas of academic development.
4-5 days per week
To be considered for this role, please submit your up to date CV. If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Zeynep Livatyali-Esen on 07595 566055.
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable. You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.