Coventry, Manchester, Darlington or London
£73,000 - £90,000 - This is a Senior Civil Service Pay Band 1 role (more may be available for an exceptional candidate)
Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
The Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education (IfATE) is reforming the technical education system for the better. The Institute provides new avenues for a successful career, while working closely with employers to ensure critically required skills of the workplace are continually met. This is coupled with a powerful purpose; to enable apprentices or learners to be confident that their apprenticeship or technical qualification, including T Levels, is of high quality and relevant to the needs of employer, creating greater opportunities for employment.
IfATE was established 5 years ago and has since made a significant impact, having approved nearly 650 apprenticeships, 16 T-Levels and 30 Higher Technical Qualifications and rising. To support with the continued growth of the Institute, an opportunity has arisen for a leader in digital experience, with excellent analytical skills, to join IfATE’s Senior Leadership Team, leading the Data and Analytical services function. This is a truly unique and great opportunity to contribute to building a world class apprenticeship and technical education system led by employers, and positively impact the future of the technical workforce.
This strategic position will oversee an ambitious digital transformation strategy to help the Institute achieve its goals of delivering to employers, while maintaining an innovative, bold, and long-term vision for how IfATE will continue to develop digital tools underpinned by first class analytical capabilities. Your influence in this role will help to create opportunities for millions of citizens and employers, while having a profound and positive impact through major changes to technical education.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Deliver an ambitious digital transformation strategy that provides an innovative, coherent, long-term vision for how IfATE uses digital tools and data in order to deliver a coherent and high quality skills system.
- Lead the Data Science and Digital Services Team, in particular promoting first class analytical capabilities, technical excellence, a culture of continuous improvement, effective co-working and engagement across the Institute and ensuring a focus on business-relevant outcomes. This will include economic evaluation and analysis, social and policy research, data science, software development, and digital service provision.
- Promote and champion excellent data use and digital literacy across IfATE, ensuring we continuously improve as a data-led organisation.
- Oversee the continuing maintenance and development of the internally developed management information platform IDS, and our other digital and data products, planning and prioritising development according to the strategic needs of the business.
- Lead key projects within the Institute’s change portfolio, act as the technology lead for the Institute and implement a research programme that supports IfATE’s thought leadership ambition and work priorities.
- Commitment to the Government’s vision for its apprenticeships, technical education and skills programme.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and ability to work with and design digital tools and products.
- Experience of building and nurturing multi-disciplinary analytical teams within an open, inclusive culture where diversity is encouraged, and people feel empowered and valued.
- Strong experience of developing, delivering and exploiting digital technology strategies and bringing a coherent approach to digital services.
- A track record of working collaboratively as a member of a leadership team.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; the ability to convey complex information with clarity even when under political scrutiny.
Closing Date for Applications
Sunday 16 October 2022 (23:55)
Preliminary Interviews with GatenbySanderson
w/c Monday 24 October 2022 & w/c Monday 31 October 2022
Assessments, Stakeholder Engagement Exercise (SEE) & Fireside Chats (FSC)
w/c Monday 7 November 2022 & w/c Monday 14 November 2022 & w/c Monday 21 November 2022
Final Panel Interviews (Face to Face)
Tuesday 29 November 2022
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit the following:
- An up to date and relevant CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements
- A Supporting Statement (no more than 2 pages) that addresses the essential criteria, providing examples where possible
ContactsShoaib Haroon: 07384 258 626 Andrew Gillen: 07471 037 167 Lisa Gobey: 07570 654 500