Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council
At Dudley Council our vision is to ensure that our borough is a wonderful place for children and young people to grow up, where families are at the heart of everything we do. We aspire to value family life, celebrate diversity, protect the most vulnerable from harm and ensure that all children receive the best education possible to reach their potential. We continue our journey to make a difference and improve, celebrating our successes and being honest about where we can do more, and we are now looking to appoint a new Service Director of Children’s Social Care.
As the historic capital of the Black Country and at the heart of the West Midlands, Dudley is a borough steeped in history and tradition, well known for its innovation and determination, a passion for its communities and true sense of identity.
Joining our committed social care team, you will continue our journey of improvement, implementing our new service model and developing the conditions that allow best practice to flourish. We are making quality assurance and a rigorous focus on outcomes, central features of how we deliver our services. Supported by our Director of Children’s Services, Catherine Driscoll, you will have the autonomy to bring your own leadership style to the service, embedding our values and being ambitious for all our communities.
As an experienced social work practitioner who will drive innovation, dedicated to effecting change that will ensure the most vulnerable achieve the best outcomes. You will support the continued development of our teams, enabling them to grow and deliver the best quality care and support to the children and young people of our borough.
For more information about either role, contact our advising consultants Philip Emms (07590 225 472) or Alex Hayes (0113 205 6109).
Close: Monday 17th October – 12 noon
One-to-One with Chief Executive and Cabinet Member for Children and Young People
3rd or 4th November 2022
17th October at 12noon
31st October and 1st November 2022
31st October 2022
9th and 10th November 2022
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
ContactsPhilip Emms: 07590 225 472 Louise Bickley: 0113 205 6068 Cory Willmott: 0113 205 6092