UK, European Union or USA
Not For Profit
E3G is an independent think tank working to build a safe climate for all.
E3G builds cross-sectoral coalitions to achieve carefully defined outcomes, chosen for their capacity to leverage change. E3G works to develop and shape policy initiatives and engage the required political processes to deliver them effectively.
We work closely with partners in government, politics, business, civil society, science, the media, public interest foundations and elsewhere. Building a climate safe world requires aligning different forces in society to create the laws and institutions necessary to drive change. E3G operates around the world with offices in Berlin, Brussels, London and Washington. D.C.
E3G is undergoing significant growth and is now seeking to expand their Board, bringing in up to four non-executive directors to contribute to all aspects of Board business and governance, and to ensure strategic oversight. Non-executive directors will provide specific expertise to support the Board’s role in overseeing and supporting E3G’s activities and actively engage with key stakeholders in fields relevant to E3G’s mission, acting in an ambassadorial capacity as appropriate.
In addition to your personal commitment to the core E3G mission and values and experience as a trustee or non-executive director, you will bring a successful track record in areas such as commercial growth or business development in a knowledge-driven sector, institution or organisation; people/ HR/ talent and skills development in a relevant sector, institution or organisation; and/or legal and governance basis to decision making. In addition, you will have international experience representing organisations and the capacity for interdisciplinary working. Candidates are welcome from across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. A background in climate change or the environment is desirable, but not essential.
Midnight Sunday 11 September 2022
Preliminary Interviews with GatenbySanderson
w/c 26 September 2022
Final Panel Interviews
w/c 17 October 2022
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com