Up to £105K per annum dependent on experience
06 July 2022
Care City is on a long-term mission to secure a happier, healthier life for East Londoners through research, innovation and workforce development and by delivering and spreading solutions for healthy ageing and regeneration. Working in partnership with East London’s health and care system, charities, community leaders, social enterprises, tech companies and investors, City Care is leading a new way of multi-disciplinary working that changes lives and communities. Through the pandemic period and beyond, they have pro-actively invested in work to support the health and care workforce and the health of the local population. This has ranged from delivering remote monitoring for care home residents to helping those on Universal Credit into paid care work.
Founded in 2016 by the North East London Foundation Trust, they are now an independent community-interest company (CIC) based in Barking and Dagenham. Historically, the area has experienced significant inequality, deprivation and poverty which have all effected the health and life chances of the local community. Care City is working hard to ensure that the Borough is a place where coincidence of geography does not equal diminished life chances and to make the community a destination for health and care innovation. By generating high quality and research solutions and innovation they are already making an impact reducing health inequalities and improving access to intervention and service.
The new CEO will be joining at a time of further change and pace and will build on the vision of the current CEO, Chair, Board and committed and passionate staff team. They will be an inspiring leader with outstanding communication skills, drive a culture of collaboration and engagement and embody the purpose and values of Care City. Packed full of integrity, good standing and judgement and will inspire confidence in its work, enabling it to hold the respect of a demanding and rapidly changing sector.
The individual will be a serving Chief Executive, or an experienced executive level leader, with a significant track record of operating and influencing at executive board level in a complex organisation. With demonstrable commercial and financial oversight skills, together with experience of delivering sustainable business performance, transformational organisational and culture change and continuous improvement. Politically astute, be visible, motivational, diplomatic, sensitivity when required yet willing to challenge the status quo when needed.
They will take ultimate responsibility for the strength of Care City’s team and organisation whilst also leading relationships with key partners and communicating impact and ideas to a broad audience. Specifically, and in order to deliver Care City’s mission, the CEO will lead the:
- Developing and sustaining of productive relationships with key stakeholders across the health and care system and with the East London community to drive transformational change.
- Organisation’s strategic direction, working with Directors and staff to set objectives and annual plans
- Organisation’s business development and fundraising, ensuring Care City’s income continues to be diverse and resilient.
- Governance by supporting the Board of Directors to connect to and enrich the work of the organisation
- Motivated and professional team of staff, modelling and protecting the strong and supportive staff culture
Wednesday 6 July 2022
Shortlist interviews by Microsoft Teams with Chair and panel
Thursday 14 July 2022
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org