Up to £97,000
24 July 2022
Oxfordshire County Council
Oxfordshire is a culturally rich area with a blend of stunning rural landscapes, a world-renowned city, and traditional market towns and villages. The Council is committed to delivering its strategic plan, ensuring Oxfordshire is a greener, fairer and healthier county.
We are looking for a new Head of Legal Services & Deputy Monitoring Officer who will play a key role in the service improvement journey we are on as well aligning our council priorities and vision to deliver workable strategies for a large legal services team. Oxfordshire is launching an Investment in apprenticeships, to work and train in law , as a leader within the council, you will work with others to champion and develop this.
As our Deputy Monitoring Officer, you will deputise for the Director of Law and Governance, providing expert advice and support to the Chief Executive, other senior officers and political leaders. You will be a values-driven, commercially minded and inclusive leader, responsible for a team striving to provide the very best for the communities, businesses and people of Oxfordshire.
Working to the Director of Law and Governance and Monitoring Officer, You will lead the Childcare, Environment, Contracts and the Property & Litigation teams whilst also managing a personal caseload of high-level legal work.
As part of the extended leadership team of the Council, this role provides an exciting opportunity to be an active senior manager within Oxfordshire, where you will build strong partnerships and influence every aspect of how we operate.
If you are a qualified lawyer ready to take the next step in your career or a Deputy Monitoring Officer looking for a new challenge, we would like to hear from you.
Don't hesitate to get in touch with our recruitment consultants at GatenbySanderson, Kate Merson on 0207 426 3376 or Ben Parsonage on 07530 578921.
Midnight on Sunday 24th July
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ContactsBen Parsonage: 020 7426 3960Kate Merson: 020 7426 3376