06 June 2022
West Mercia Police and Crime Commissioner
You will be responsible for leading the Office of the West Mercia Police Crime Commissioner.
As a trusted advisor you will ensure they meet statutory obligations and deliver the priorities set out in the Safer West Mercia Plan, ensuring the public are at the heart of policing, crime is falling and victims are supported. You will ensure robust governance, scrutiny and transparency, enabling the Police and Crime Commissioner to hold the Chief Constable of West Mercia Police to account.
To succeed you will need to be a politically astute, strategic and influential leader, able to navigate and challenge policing strategies, structures and culture. You will also be capable of building positive, collaborative relationships across the diverse range of partners and communities we serve. This will enable you to deliver improvements in victim services, address re-offending and drive programmes to prevent crime and protect the vulnerable.
You will have significant experience in an equivalent role and sector such as policing, criminal justice or local government. You will operate with integrity, advising the Commissioner on associated legal frameworks, emerging legislation, and contribute to national policy developments and consultations.
The role offers an opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of other people, providing stimulating professional interest and challenge.
For an informal, confidential discussion, please ring GatenbySanderson and speak to Peter Guilder on 07545 441 127 or Peter Buffoni on 07964 877 654.
Monday 6th June at 8am
14th June onwards
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com