29 May 2022
Birmingham City Council
Are you ambitious enough to take on the biggest and most rewarding SEND role in the UK? If you are then read on!
Birmingham City Council is looking for their new Director of SEND and Inclusion. Why? because we are on an exciting improvement journey, where special educational needs and disabilities matter. The children and young people of Birmingham deserve the best services and opportunities to live fulfilled lives and they need them now.
If you are a champion for children and young people and want to help shape, deliver and improve access to the right services, we want to hear from you.
You will have extensive experience of working in SEND and understand the tensions between emerging policy and translating these into tangible outcomes. This requires commitment and the tenacity to operate across multiple disciplines and systems. To be successful you be able to lead internally and have the credibility to work collaboratively with key partners including headteachers, parents and carers, schools and Multi-Academy Trusts, Integrated health and care professionals.
Working with the Strategic Director of Children and Families, the wider leadership team and Birmingham Children’s Trust, you will have a key role in delivering our transformational agenda. You will also work with our elected members who take a keen interest in this area. Collectively, we are putting strong improvement machinery in place to support you in this role.
You will be part of a new leadership team, aiming high for Birmingham’s children and young people. This is a highly political and visible role that needs someone with seniority and credibility including with the DfE, Ofsted, regional inspectors, and of course our parents and young people. You will be an experienced systems leader, with locality-based principles, people focused and with the fortitude to drive improvement.
If the prospect of being part of a permanent ambitious team that delivers this successful change sounds like you, please contact one of our advising consultants at GatenbySanderson, Sarah El Rasoul at email@example.com or Charlotte Croffie on 07551 566195.
29 May 2022
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org