circa. £100,000 per annum
Lancashire County Council
Lancashire is a unique and ambitious county situated in the Northwest of England; a place where we are committed to creating a better future for those who live, work and visit. Which is why we are looking to recruit a new Director of Children’s Social Care to help us realise our ambition for all our children, young people and their families to be safe, healthy and to achieve their full potential in life.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Education and Children's Services, you will provide strategic, decisive and influential leadership of the critical and specialised, high risk function of Children's Social Care. We will need you to understand the lived experience of a child or young person to deliver the right service, at the right time, with the right people. We expect this to be done through effective preventative strategies, purposeful social work interventions and a relentless focus on performance to ensure sustainable and lasting outcomes for children and young people.
As a member of the Directorate Management Team you will contribute and influence at the highest levels within our organisation and with our partners, demonstrating high levels of professionalism, strategic input, corporate working, collaboration and political sensitivity.
We do not have a ‘one size fits all’ idealism, we embrace diversity and that includes around personal and family requirements. Your hours may vary or change and for us, delivering successful outcomes is more important than watching the clock. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce so we would especially welcome applications from those who would support that challenge whilst enhancing our service by joining us.
16th June 2022 at 9am
20th June 2022
27th June 2022
28th June 2022
4th July 2022
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
ContactsNick Cole: 07867 451 183Kate Merson: 020 7426 3376