06 June 2022
Rossendale Borough Council
Rossendale is an area with a proud industrial heritage, beautiful countryside and unique towns and villages. A stone’s throw from Greater Manchester, but a world away. The Council’s vision is to have a thriving economy, built around changing town centres, creating a quality environment for all and improving the life chances of all those living in the borough.
Maintaining the wonderful fabric of the borough is central to the Council’s ambitions. That means clean streets, green open spaces, attractive parks and great public realm. The Head of Operations is responsible for the day-to-day management of all of the Council’s community facing functions including waste collection, grounds maintenance, cemeteries, street cleansing and fleet maintenance as well as strategic responsibility for ensuring these operations support the Corporate Plan.
This is an exciting time to join the Rossendale family. We are a council which is pro-active and ambitious to do more. We care deeply about our borough and our communities. Our workforce is committed, adaptable and enjoy working here. There is huge potential for process improvement projects to drive efficient operations and make an impact on the things that really matter to our communities.
We are looking for someone who shares our commitment to Rossendale and with the drive and determination to provide visible leadership to these services and a significant part of our workforce. You will have a track record of service improvements in similar operations, an ability to motivate staff and a passion for getting things right. You will need to operate strategically as part of the senior leadership team, but have the operational insight to support our teams on the ground. In return, we offer autonomy, an open ear to change, a committed workforce and a fabulous part of the world in which to work.
For further information please visit Rossendale Borough Council
6th June 2022 at 10am
8th June 2022
21st June 2022
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ContactsNick Cole: 07867 451 183