25 April 2022
Are you ready to be a Deputy Chief Constable with a view to becoming a Chief Constable? If you are naturally positive with a growth mindset, Northamptonshire Police is in a perfect position to support you with your career aspiration. This is a unique opportunity to work with a Chief Constable and Chief Officer team that is leading by example; the workforce is energised and motivated, understanding that they are all leaders and work together to understand the bigger picture and impact of each and every decision.
This isn’t about ticking boxes on forms and sitting behind a desk. You will be passionate about delivering a Police Service which our communities and public are proud of. You will have an aptitude to maximising the workforce skills and experience to match the changing operational demands. You will be understanding that the wellbeing of our workforce to enjoy the beauty of Northamptonshire as a place to live and work is lived.
We need a Deputy Chief Constable that is going to build on the last three years of improvements. You will want to learn and evolve with the Force, enabling innovative idea’s whilst not destabilising. As a Deputy Chief Constable at Northamptonshire Police you will have a desire to match the Chief Constable’s drive and determination, with the business and leadership skills to nurture senior leaders, develop talent for the future and personal agility to grow with the Force.
It truly is a momentous time to be joining Northamptonshire Police, the force has a plan with 5 key strategic ambitions for the next 5 years which you will help to bring to life and help shape for the future.
We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
If you would like an informal discussion to understand how this opportunity may suit you, please contact Nick.Adderley@northants.police.uk
For any queries regarding the process, please contact Louise.Davis@northants.police.uk
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com