23 May 2022
Stockport is undergoing an exciting £1billion transformation programme creating new, homes, jobs and opportunities, improved infrastructure and a wide range of economic benefits, not just now but for future generations, and making Stockport a vibrant and desirable location.
The role of Strategic Head of Housing and Infrastructure is responsible for Stockport Council’s housing strategy service, ensuring the development and delivery of the quality and range of housing that Stockport needs. This includes the management of council owned housing provided by Stockport Homes. The role also oversees the highways and transportation service, ensuring that the borough’s transport network meets the aims of the borough plan with a focus on the opportunities that HS2 and new Metrolink lines into the borough will bring. Finally, the role has responsibility for the highways capital programme service, ensuring the delivery of high quality schemes are on time and achieve excellent value for money.
We are looking for a transformational leader with a professional background and experience in a related field at a senior management level. You will need to demonstrate a track record of major project delivery and understanding of the issues facing local government delivery, even if you are currently working outside of the sector. You will have experience of transformation of services in a public sector environment and have the associated communication skills to effectively engage with partners, politicians and other senior stakeholders. Your background may be in direct service provision, or as a partner or contractor, but you must have experience of maximising service performance and effective financial management.
23rd May 2022
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
ContactsNick Cole: 07867 451 183Louise Bickley: 0113 205 6068