£96,425 - £106,575
05 May 2022
Oldham is a unique place; an original Northern Powerhouse with a mix of the challenges and opportunities which exemplify the changing face of modern Britain. Its people have selfless spirit and a sense of pride that is immediately obvious. Innovation and enterprise are part of our DNA. This is a place where entrepreneurs and industry are key to our future. We seek to create an environment where everyone can truly aspire to be the best at what they choose to do. Clean, green and safe neighbourhoods, better jobs and homes, and an inclusive economy are central to this.
The Director of Environment leads on the delivery of social and physical regeneration of the Borough, maximising opportunities and potential to join up initiatives to attract investment which benefits residents and the business community. This includes visible services such as waste, highways, street scene, open spaces and heritage assets, as well as licensing, building control and regulatory services.
The postholder for this role will have an important part to play in all of this as you will need to provide the strategic direction and professional leadership, to ensure the effective commissioning, delivery and co-ordination of high quality, sustainable and efficient operational services and to ensure compliant and effective management of the Council’s environmental portfolio, working collaboratively, internally and externally with partners and colleagues.
We are looking for a senior manager with extensive experience of a similar portfolio of services and a track record of strategic leadership and achievement to join us as we start to shape our new Corporate Plan and wider Oldham Plan to maximise recovery and growth opportunities. We need someone with expertise in leading successful large scale programmes which deliver economic growth, a track record of driving significant service improvements and success in developing partnerships across the public and private sectors.
For more information visit https://leadingoldham.co.uk/
4th May 2022
11th May 2022
18th May 2022
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ContactsNick Cole: 07867 451 183Tim Hills: 0113 205 6085