£96,425 - £106,575
04 May 2022
Oldham is a unique place; an original Northern Powerhouse with a mix of the challenges and opportunities which exemplify the changing face of modern Britain. Its people have selfless spirit and a sense of pride that is immediately obvious. Innovation and enterprise are part of our DNA. This is a place where entrepreneurs and industry are key to our future. We seek to create an environment where everyone can truly aspire to be the best at what they choose to do. Clean, green and safe neighbourhoods, better jobs and homes, a thriving town centre and an inclusive economy are central to this.
The Director of Economy leads on all aspects of Oldham’s economic development, planning, housing, strategic transport, enterprise and transformational place development as well as asset management. Key aspects of the role include the development and delivery of Creating a Better Place Programme – place changing ambitious projects to provide catalytic change to the borough and provide better homes and access to better jobs for Oldham’s communities. The role will also require representing Oldham at the Greater Manchester level to support the implementation of the Greater Manchester Strategy, and various associated programmes which support housing delivery, business growth and investment, culture and regeneration through enterprise and innovation.
We are looking for an inspirational senior strategic leader with extensive experience of a similar portfolio of services and a track record of collaboration and achievement to join an amazing team here at Oldham, as we start to shape our new Corporate Plan and wider Oldham Plan to maximise recovery and growth opportunities for the borough. We need someone with expertise in leading successful large scale programmes which deliver economic growth, a track record of driving significant service improvements and success in enabling and developing partnerships across the public and private sectors.
For more information visit https://leadingoldham.co.uk/
4th May 2022
11th May 2022
18th May 2022
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ContactsNick Cole: 07867 451 183Tim Hills: 0113 205 6085