22 May 2022
The Barbican is one of the world’s leading arts and education organisations, welcoming over a million visitors and hundreds of artists every year. We are both a civic space for our communities and a multi-platform venue showcasing the best artists, musicians, directors and actors to global audiences. We are looking to accelerate our work to create a more inclusive environment not only in our content but also in our workforce.
This is an exciting strategic role with our people's well-being central to the role. To be successful you will have bold ideas and know what a modern people strategy and culture should look like; and how to take people with you as we “hardwire” diversity and inclusion in everything we do at the Barbican. We need someone ambitious for the Barbican and technically skilled at working across its multiple structures and stakeholder groups.
You will lead and nurture talent within the organisation; champion inclusive processes and systems and develop strong alliances to make things happen. You will be part of the leadership team and also work closely with our employer and principal funders, the City of London Corporation, setting an overarching vision of inclusion across all areas of activity which creates a “One Barbican” culture where employees, audiences and artists feel they can belong.
With a new incoming Chief Executive, there is no denying there is a step-change in organisational design and aspirations about who we want to be. If you are enthused by this proposition and have innovative ideas about how all voices can be heard and reflected in the work we do in our local communities, and beyond, we would be delighted to hear from you.
For a confidential conversation please contact Delicia Coutinho or Nancy Scott on 07741 264 892 at GatenbySanderson.
Sunday 22nd of May 2022
W/C 30th May 2022
W/C 6th & 13th June 2022
W/C 20th June 2022
W/C 27th June 2022
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
ContactsNancy Scott: 07984 172291 Delicia Coutinho: 07741 264 892