Glasbury House, Bronllys, Brecon
£44,820 per annum plus travel and other reasonable expenses / minimum 15 days per month
24 June 2022
Powys Teaching Health Board
Remuneration for this post is £44,820 per annum plus travel and other reasonable expenses within reasonable limits.
The post of Chair to Powys Teaching Health Board is based on a notional commitment of a minimum fifteen days (15) per month but this will be subject to organisational demands and may be higher than the minimum requirement.
Powys Teaching Health Board is responsible for meeting the health and well-being needs of the people of Powys, Mid-Wales. As a rural health board with around 138,000 people living across an area that is quarter of Wales, it provides as many services as possible locally. This is mainly through GPs and other primary care services, community hospitals and community services. Other services are also commissioned from partner organisations around the county.
The vacancy for the role of Chair has arisen as the previous Chair will soon come to the end of their term of office.
This role provides a great opportunity for the successful applicant to use their skills and experience to make a difference to the lives of people and communities served by Powys Teaching Health Board. As Chair of the Health Board they will:
- Lead the Board in the Development of a Strategic Vision for the Health Board’s services of the future;
- Provide effective and visible leadership across the breadth of the Board’s responsibilities;
- Ensure the Board delivers effectively together the strategic and operational aims of the Health Board through delivery of strategic aims, policy and ensuring good governance;
- Be responsible for maintaining the highest quality of public health standards and practices, and improving quality and safety of healthcare;
- Be accountable for the performance of the Board at community, local authority, Board and national levels;
- Hold the Chief Executive to account across the breadth of their responsibilities;
- Work effectively with partners, in particular with primary care contractors and other NHS bodies, Universities, Local Authorities, the Third Sector and Social Partners;
- Provide the assurance and governance for the proper stewardship of public money and other resources for which the Board is accountable;
- Provide the assurance for ensuring that the Board is governed effectively within the framework and standards set for the NHS in Wales, with a particular emphasis on ensuring openness and transparency;
- Undertake an external ambassador role, delivering in the public spotlight and instilling public confidence.
- Act as a Corporate Trustee of PTHB Charity
Powys Teaching Health Board meetings have been moved online since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic. The present intention is to continue with virtual meetings. Prior to the pandemic Board meetings were held in at the Powys Teaching Health Board offices in Bronllys, Brecon.
It is the policy of the Welsh Government to promote and integrate equality of opportunity into all aspects of its business including appointments to public bodies. Applications are welcomed and encouraged from all groups and we ensure that no eligible candidate for public office receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, or pregnancy and maternity. The principles of fair and open competition will apply and appointments will be made on merit.
For further details and to apply go to https://cymru-wales.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-3/brand-2/candidate/jobboard/vacancy/7/adv/. For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Melanie Shearer or Stephanie Crossland of GatenbySanderson at firstname.lastname@example.org (0113 268 0704).
The closing date for receipt of applications is 16:00, 24 June 2022. Application forms received after this date will not be considered.
A large print, Braille or audio version of this Advert can be obtained by request from 03000255454.
16:00 Friday 24th June 2022
18th - 19th July 2022
How to Apply