£43,326 per annum plus travel and other reasonable expenses / Time Commitment : Approximately 14.5 days per month
25 April 2022
Welsh Ambulance Service
Remuneration: £43,326 per annum plus travel and other reasonable expenses within reasonable limits.
Time Commitment : Approximately 14.5 days per month
The Welsh Ambulance Service has evolved, over the last two decades, to become one of the most clinically advanced ambulance services in the world. The Trust serves three million-plus people in Wales and provide high quality services to a diverse range of communities across an area of some 8000 square miles
The Trust is looking for some specific skills for this appointment and the Chair will demonstrate the following qualities:
- An excellent communicator with strong strategic leadership skills, with a significant record of achievement at the highest levels in the public or private sectors;
- Ability to provide systems leadership and to work with Health Boards, Trusts, Special Health Authorities, Welsh Government, community groups, patients, and other stakeholders to develop and drive forward the strategic vision.
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate the Board of a major national organisation, delivering robust Board level governance and accountability, and developing executive and Board performance
- An excellent understanding of governance and an ability to ensure that the Board works cohesively and actively engages in transparent decision-making.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Espouse and promote the highest standards of conduct at Board level in line with the Seven Principles of Public Life (Nolan Principles) and adopted values of the Trust.
- Ability to provide a knowledgeable, impartial, and balanced perspective on a range of sensitive and complex issues.
- Ability to show an appreciation of bilingualism and culture, and a commitment to promoting and mainstreaming of the Welsh language.
The Trust is a national service, with meetings held across Wales and virtually by Teams. As we return to face to face Board and Board development sessions, these are likely to be primarily in Cardiff and St Asaph, however regular regional meetings will also be held to engage with the public and our stakeholders.
It is the policy of the Welsh Government to promote and integrate equality of opportunity into all aspects of its business including appointments to public bodies. Applications are welcomed and encouraged from all groups and we ensure that no eligible candidate for public office receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, or pregnancy and maternity. The principles of fair and open competition will apply and appointments will be made on merit.
For further details and to apply go to https://cymru-wales.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-3/brand-2/candidate/jobboard/vacancy/7/adv/. For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Melanie Shearer or Carmel Bell at email@example.com (07917 826639).
The closing date for receipt of applications is 25 April 2022. Application forms received after this date will not be considered.
A large print, Braille or audio version of this advert can be obtained by request from 03000255454.
16:00 Monday 25th April 2022
Stakeholder Engagement Sessions
Thursday 26th May 2022
Friday 27th May 2022
How to Apply