Oxfordshire, with hybrid working
13 March 2022
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse Councils
This is an exciting opportunity to join South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils as a head of service.
Our districts share a unique blend of growing vibrant towns and villages surrounded by beautiful rural countryside. Within the challenges of the South-East housing market, we are focused on delivering homes and infrastructure that meet local needs, with the aim to make them as affordable as possible, as well as seeking to improve environmental standards across the districts and delivering excellence in our approach to waste management.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive – Place, the Head of Housing and Environment will work alongside the councils’ strategic management team. The portfolio is broad, covering Housing Delivery, Housing Needs and Environmental Services.
We need someone who has the imagination and drive to implement our corporate plans and instil confidence amongst our residents and Members that they are being listened to and appropriate actions taken.
This is a key leadership role within the councils. To be successful, you will need to have a strong track record of change, engagement and service achievement.
You will also need to be a true leader, with excellent people management skills, who is not afraid of a challenge and is ambitious for the communities we serve. Your focus will be on strengthening our housing delivery agenda and delivering and maintaining our
sense of place and community.
If this role sounds like you, please get in touch with our recruitment consultants at GatenbySanderson, Rachel Salvia on 0207 4263374 or Charlotte Croffie on 07551 566195.
13 March 2022
W/C 14th March 2022
W/C 21st & 28th March
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ContactsCharlotte Croffie: 07551 566 195Rachel Salvia: 020 7426 3374