13 March 2022
Cheshire East Council
Cheshire East Council has been through significant change over recent years. We are a Council that has transformed and we move forwards as an open and enabling organisation that empowers and cares for its residents, and strives to be a thriving and sustainable location. We have a successful and resilient economy with many multinational businesses based here. We have access to beautiful countryside and open spaces, and we are well connected regionally, internationally and nationally, which will be enhanced further with the delivery of HS2.
We are now seeking to appoint to two roles in our place team, who will focus on delivering our commitments to improve transport connections, increase accessibility to sustainable transport, support the delivery of our carbon agenda and ensure our highways are well maintained and fit for the future for our communities.
Our highways services are essential to ensuring our communities are connected, people have access to employment and education opportunities, and that our roads are safe. You will have a strong strategic grasp and be able to operate effectively within a vibrant political and stakeholder environment. Leading service improvements, securing better outcomes, promoting the use of alternative transport options, and ensuring good value for money will be key factors of success in this role. Above all, you will show a passion to deliver great services to the people and businesses of Cheshire East.
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure and Highways, you will be responsible for policy development and management of the public highway and ultimately ensuring the safety of the highway network. You will demonstrate excellent relationship skills to ensure a positive relationship continues with the highways service provider.
As part of a collaborative management team, this is a great opportunity for an individual with the energy to lead, inspire and motivate a team to play a key part in our future.
13th March 2022
23rd March 2022
Date is TBC
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carbon Neutral Action Plan - appendix.pdf
- Cheshire East Council Corporate Peer Challenge Report - One Year On (002).pdf
- Corporate Peer Challenge One Year On - appendix (002).pdf
- Place Structure Chart for Highways (002) (002).pptx
- Values and behaviours (002).pdf
- HR Workforce Strategy.pdf
ContactsPhilip Emms: 07590 225 472Louise Bickley: 0113 205 6068