13 March 2022
Cheshire East Council
Cheshire East Council has been through significant change over recent years. We are a Council that has transformed and we move forwards as an open and enabling organisation that empowers and cares for its residents, and strives to be a thriving and sustainable location. We have a successful and resilient economy with many multinational businesses based here. We have access to beautiful countryside and open spaces, and we are well connected regionally, internationally and nationally, which will be enhanced further with the delivery of HS2.
We are now seeking to appoint to two roles in our place team, who will focus on delivering our commitments to improve transport connections, increase accessibility to sustainable transport, support the delivery of our carbon agenda and ensure our highways are well maintained and fit for the future for our communities.
The Director of Infrastructure and Highways is a crucial role for the authority, leading the delivery of key projects, working with partners and stakeholders regionally, including the private sector, and supporting the delivery of HS2. These are major programmes that will achieve our ambitions of improving connectivity and sustainability, ensuring that our residents have access to work, leisure, education and health opportunities, and that businesses are able to thrive and succeed. You will work closely with colleagues from across the Council to support the delivery of our Corporate Plan, and engage collegiately with our Members who are passionate about improving our place for residents and businesses.
The successful candidate will have excellent relationship management skills, and will be adept at developing strong partnerships across the public and private sector. You will engage with our elected Members regularly, regional partners including the LEP, as well as Government departments and agencies. As a strong leader, you set a clear vision for the Council and your teams, leading with purpose to ensure our objectives are met.
13th March 2022
23rd March 2022
7th April 2022
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carbon Neutral Action Plan - appendix.pdf
- Cheshire East Council Corporate Peer Challenge Report - One Year On (002).pdf
- Corporate Peer Challenge One Year On - appendix (002).pdf
- HR Workforce Strategy.pdf
- Place Structure Chart for Highways (002) (002).pptx
- Values and behaviours (002).pdf
ContactsPhilip Emms: 07590 225 472Louise Bickley: 0113 205 6068