£60,000 - £70,000 plus generous relocation support
25 January 2022
West Lindsey District Council
West Lindsey District Council’s vision is “a great place to be where people, businesses and communities can thrive and realise their potential”. We have established a clear strategic framework, a whole systems leadership approach and galvanised our workforce to assist us make this a reality. We are now seeking an Assistant Director to join our senior leadership team and to support us to turn our vision into reality and help our people, communities and businesses to reach their full potential.
In this newly created role, as the Assistant Director of People and Democratic Services, you will have responsibility for a wide range of services including Human Resources, Democratic Services (including Elections), Legal Services (via Lincolnshire Legal Services), Communications and executive Support Services. This role is also our designated Monitoring Officer. The demands on these teams to create appropriate services that meet the needs of both the organisation and our workforce have probably never been greater. Whatever your background, you will require determination, imagination, creativity and resilience to handle the pace and the scrutiny of our work. In return, you will have a high-profile and visible platform to build on all the lessons learnt from your wide-ranging career in people management or legal services and to make a full contribution to deliver leading edge People and Democratic Services.
25th January 2022
27th January 2022
1st and 2nd February 2022 (by MS Teams)
w/c 7th February 2022
3rd and 4th March 2022 (TBC)
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ContactsGary Evans: 07809 195 593