Currently Hybrid working with office based in Brighton
9 month Fixed Term Contract (£150k pro rata)
25 July 2022
The Pensions Regulator
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) plays a leading role in society, with a responsibility of regulating pension schemes of greater than £2trillion in savings and a mission to protect the millions of people in the UK who are saving for retirement in a pension scheme.
The introduction of automatic enrolment means that people of working age from across society are now saving for their retirement whether they are in Gen Z or approaching retirement. It has never been a more critical time to put the saver at the heart of all that we do. This requires us to become truly digitally enabled whilst also taking a new approach to how we collect, store and utilise data to drive better services and outcomes. With exciting change on the horizon for the pensions landscape, there is also a very real opportunity to re-imagine this high-profile regulatory environment to deliver against an ambitious strategy. We need to make sure the system is working effectively and that those who look after savers’ money are doing the right things in the right way.
This can only be enabled through the critically important presence of solid technical foundations, and digital and data services that not only supports effective and efficient operations but also enables our strategic goals as we drive value and security for savers’ futures.
We are looking for an Executive Director of Digital, Data & Technology to support us over a 9 month fixed term contract. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer you will set and shape our newly formed DDaT directorate, develop a high performing team and culture, and support the organisation in leveraging our data, digital and technology capability as a strategic asset. You will also have oversight and delivery of 2 priority programme of work covering Transactional Services and Unmanaged Data. If you have the skills, leadership, and qualities we are looking for, we’d love you to join us.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Shaping digital, data and technology services for the future – responsible for developing TPR’s digital, data and technology strategies in order to deliver our corporate strategy; responsible for the delivery of services in support of this strategy
- Digital and data transformation – our strategy puts the saver at the heart of what we do; to deliver this we need a step change in our digital and data capability; our ambition is that high quality data drives our regulatory decisions and builds greater internal cohesion
- Member of the Executive Committee (ExCo) – As a member of TPR’s ExCo, this role will be a key advisor to the organisation and will be pivotal in shaping and improving the organisation’s strategic and operational performance
- Leader of Change – as a member of TPRs ExCo, and directly accountable to the CEO, contribute to the cohesive leadership at TPR and provide role model leadership.
- Leapfrog – fixing legacy challenges to bring TPR’s data assets up to date in terms of governance, access, and efficiency
- Role modelling and personal responsibility - embracing diversity and inclusion through actions that build trust, earn respect, and cement buy-in from those you lead
- A track record of leading and delivering digital transformation with proven experience of shaping, communicating and executing a strategic vision into deliverable operational plans
- A strong quality ethic - experience of raising standards, ensuring controls are in place and effectively challenging with a view to finding common sense solutions to problems, and delivering high quality outcomes
- Excellent leadership skills with proven success of building high-performing diverse and inclusive teams, establishing and owning key performance indicators whilst raising performance levels and developing critical capabilities
- Proven ability to manage several areas of work at one time, prioritising and delivering consistently to deadlines whilst managing competing requirements
- Working knowledge and understanding of Government and industry standards, security issues and processes, including being able to apply cyber security, data protection laws and regulations and Business Continuity principles
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills, with proven ability to build effective relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders, capable of flexing your style, to understand and engage with different audiences
We would be delighted to speak with you should you wish to have a confidential conversation to explore this role before applying. Please contact our executive search partners, GatenbySanderson via Sarah Luxford on 07812150386/ email@example.com or Nick Largent firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews with GatenbySanderson
w/c Monday 20 June 2022 & w/c Monday 27 June 2022
Chat with the CEO
w/c Monday 11 July 2022
Final Interview (Please note this will be face to face, restrictions pending, at TPRs offices in Brighton)
Thursday 21 July 2022 & Friday 22 July 2022
How to Apply
- An up to date and relevant CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements
- A Supporting Statement that addresses the following key questions:
- What is your experience of setting a vision and forming a Digital, Data and Technology team?
- What is the digital transformation that you are most proud of delivering?
- What is your experience of utilizing data for the benefit of an organisation?
- What is your experience of building digital capability?
ContactsSarah Luxford: 07812 150 386Lisa Gobey: 07570 654 500