24 January 2022
Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
This is an exciting time to join Rotherham Council and an opportunity to make a real difference. We are an authority that has changed dramatically, and we look to the future with a renewed sense of purpose where our residents are central to what we do, and we support individuals to lead healthy, safe and fulfilling lives. It is in this context that we are looking to appoint an outstanding Assistant Director of Financial Services who will deliver the highest standards of financial management to ensure that we maximise our impact.
This is a key role leading a wide range of services within the Council’s finance function, directly supporting the S.151 Officer in ensuring sound financial management across the entire organisation. You will work closely with the Leader and Chief Executive in developing the Budget and Financial Strategy, as well as working with other senior officers and Members to provide sound financial advice and support.
We are seeking a financial leader who can meet our challenge through sustainable, innovative and creative ways of working, and who has a passion for providing excellent services to the people, businesses and communities of Rotherham. Effective partnership working with internal and external stakeholders is crucial. This will include bringing appropriate support and challenge, as well as leading our well established business partnering approach that supports colleagues in making good financial decisions. You will bring strong negotiating and influencing skills, working with a diverse range of stakeholders to build consensus. You will also have proven experience of leading and managing change to achieve improved outcomes, establishing an effective performance culture that achieves corporate and service objectives.
So, if you want to work in an innovative, honest, and straight-forward culture, managing change to improve outcomes for the people of Rotherham, we would love to hear from you.
24th January 2022
27th January 2022
2nd February 2022 (virtual)
10th 'February 2022 (virtual - this will consist of 2 panel interviews and a written assessment)
17th February 2022 (in person)
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
- Appendix 1 - Leadership & Management Structure.pdf
- Appendix 2 - FCS Management Structure.pdf
- About Rotherham the Place Dec 2021.pdf
- About Rotherham the Council Dec 2021.pdf
ContactsPhilip Emms: 07590 225 472Sundas Gull: 07545318869