Meetings are held in London, although we operate a hybrid model enabling online participation.
£12,600 per year with additional time paid at £700 per day (up to 18 days a year with additional days agreed in advance)
14 February 2022
Serious Fraud Office
The SFO’s mission is to fight complex financial crime, deliver justice for victims and protect the UK’s reputation as a safe place to do business. We do that by investigating and prosecuting the most serious or complex cases of fraud, bribery and corruption. Upholding the rule of law, we deliver justice for victims and recover the proceeds of financial crime. We deter criminals and require offending companies to reform in order to protect the UK’s economy and global reputation as a safe place to invest and do business. We are unique in that we both investigate and prosecute offenders and have special legal powers to enable us to do this.
We are seeking to appoint two new Non-Executive Directors (NEDs) to our Board. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute at a strategic level to the essential and high-profile work undertaken by the SFO within the UK and internationally. For one of the NED appointments, we are seeking an individual with a background and qualifications in finance (ACA, ICAEW, CIMA or equivalent). They will, act as Audit and Risk Committee Chair (ARCC) and bring a robust understanding of corporate governance, risk and performance management, most likely gained within a senior leadership or board level finance role. For both NED roles, we are interested in hearing from candidates with valuable experience of embedding and leading organisational, cultural and behavioural change, with a first-hand understanding of technology enabled transformation.
We welcome diverse candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience to support the delivery of the Board’s responsibilities and enable us to move forwards in the next phase of transformational change for the organisation. The ability to demonstrate a significant track record of achievement and personal effectiveness in senior leadership roles within the business, financial, legal, compliance or law enforcement arenas is central to the requirement. Politically aware with the ability to influence a diverse range of stakeholders, you will bring an established network of contacts and the credibility required to engage subject matter experts and special advisors, as well as advocating for the SFO through your support of its people and work.
We are genuinely excited about the opportunities available to us and the direction of travel that we are heading in. If you share our passion, interest and excitement for the work that we can do and aim to deliver, we would love to hear from you.
23.55 - Monday 14th February 2022
Tuesday 22nd February 2022
Preliminary interviews with GatenbySanderson
w/c 28th February and 7th March 2022
Wednesday 16th March 2022
Fireside Chat with SFO
17 & 18 March 2022
Final Panel Interviews
Tuesday 22 March 2022
How to apply
To apply for this post, you will need to complete the online application process which will involve uploading the two documents outlined below:
- A CV setting out your career history, with key responsibilities and achievements. Please ensure you have provided reasons for any gaps within the last two years.
- A Statement of Suitability (no more than 1000 words) explaining how you consider your personal skills, qualities and experience provide evidence of your suitability for the role, with particular reference to the criteria in the person specification.
- As part of the application process you will be required to complete your diversity information. All monitoring data will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not be provided to the selection panel. We capture this information to monitor our internal vacancy filling processes with a view to ensuring that we continue to build a talented workforce with diverse perspectives and backgrounds.
- In addition to diversity information, you will be asked whether you wish to apply for the role as part of the Disability Confident Scheme. For more information about the scheme, please see the FAQs section.
Please submit and complete all of the documents listed so that the panel will have all the required information on which to assess your application against the criteria in the person specification. Please note failure to submit a CV and Statement of Suitability will result in your application not being considered for this role. Should you encounter any issues with your application please get in contact with our executive search providers, GatenbySanderson:
- Michael Dobson, Partner Central Government firstname.lastname@example.org
- James Payne, Principal Consultant email@example.com
- Peter Guilder, Senior Researcher, firstname.lastname@example.org or 07545 441 127
ContactsPeter Guilder: 07545 441 127