National. Some travel, including to London will be required.
Up to £120k
16 January 2022
Ministry of Justice
The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) is a major government department at the heart of the justice system. The MoJ delivers some of the most fundamental public services including courts, tribunals, prisons, legal services, youth justice, probation services, and attendance centres.
Our vision in MoJ Digital and Technology is a digitally enabled end-to-end justice system which can adapt and respond to changing needs. Can you help us get there? Reporting to the Chief Digital Information Officer, you will sit at the forefront of our vision and lead a talented and committed team of professionals, ensuring that the department has a joined-up strategy for and approach to digital whilst building capability, driving pace and ensuring data from our current and future services is trusted and can be shared both within the department and with other government departments and agencies
Why should you work for us? First and foremost, because we build things that matter. There are millions of people interacting with our services every year, often at the most difficult times of their lives. We want to provide them with simple to use, effective services which are built around their needs and help to improve access to justice.
There is a lot of work still to do to see through the journey we have set out on. There are challenges ahead but these will be outweighed by the rewards in achieving our vision. If you have the skills, leadership, and qualities we are looking for, we’d love you to join us.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Shape and execute the strategic direction and roadmap for digital transformation that reflects the needs of the Ministry of Justice, its executive agencies and arm’s length bodies
- Lead a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement, being able to bring together a strong combined focus for delivery; working across boundaries to lead cross-functional teams
- Inspire, engage and build capability of over 600 across people in teams within Justice services, Digital Prisons, Digital Probations, Engineering and Central Digital ensuring an inclusive and collaborative culture is maintained and amplified
- Work with a range of suppliers and holding providers to account for high quality outputs to MoJ
- Be a visible leader across MoJ and government, promoting agile and user-centric product development best-practice
- A proven track record of leading and delivering complex change and large-scale digital delivery and technology transformation
- Proven experience of shaping, communicating and translating a strategic vision into deliverable operational plans
- Excellent leadership skills with proven success of building high-performing, cross-functional teams, establishing and owning key performance indicators whilst raising performance levels and developing critical capabilities
- Evidence of driving the modernisation of legacy technology and reducing technical debt
- Experience of working closely with executive and senior leadership, a wide variety of stakeholders and across organisations.
- Strong commercial acumen: able to measure metrics and manage large budgets (circa £150m)
Closing Date for Applications
Sunday 16 January 2022 @ 11:55pm
Preliminary Interviews with GatenbySanderson
w/c Monday 17 January 2022
Assessments, Stakeholder Engagement Exercise (SEE) & Fireside Chats (FSC)
w/c Monday 31 January 2022 & w/c Monday 7 February 2022
Final Panel Interviews
Monday 21 February 2022
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit:
- An up to date and relevant CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements
- A Supporting Statement (no more than 2 pages of A4) that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements.
- Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
Should you wish to have a confidential conversation with to explore this role before applying please contact us
ContactsSarah Luxford: 07812 150 386Lisa Gobey: 07570 654 500