Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Croydon, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham or Stratford.
£71,000 to £90,000 (dependent upon experience)
HM Revenue and Customs
What will you do?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly formed team and be at the heart of delivering the ambitious change agenda for both HMRC leading a growing professional community of change practitioners.
As Enterprise Portfolio Office Lead, you’ll be accountable for portfolio management across our Customer Compliance Group’s (CCG) change activity.
You’ll be driving an expected ROI for a £450m portfolio so we’re looking for an EPO professional with significant experience of large-scale, complex and strategic portfolio management, including experience of benefits articulation and business case development.
What are we looking for?
- Significant complex EPO experience
- Experience of Programme and Project Management and Change Management
- Heightened Interpersonal skills (empathy, active listening & conflict management).
- Excellent cross-functional relationship building & collaboration with and through others
- Influential at all levels and considered highly credible for broad operational understanding
- Business Acumen – focusing on VfM in both financial and commercial decision-making
- Previous experience of managing £multi-million budgets
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Previous experience of developing strategies that have been successfully operationalised
A recognised Professional PD, PPM or Change Management Qualification, for example:
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Practitioner
- APM Practitioner Qualification (APMPQ)
- Full Member of APM (MAPM)
- APM Registered Project Professional (RPP)
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
Other professional experience:
- Good knowledge and exposure to the IT lifecycle is advantageous, including Waterfall and Agile approaches
What will you be part of?
The Transformation Directorate was established in November 2019. We are responsible for driving benefits focused, transformational change within CCG, delivering both CCG and HMRC strategic objectives.
Our vision is for the Transformation Directorate to be recognised as leading and delivering best practice change and transformation across CCG and HMRC.
Our ambition is for all business areas, teams and people impacted by change to be ready to successfully adopt and utilise new capabilities and ways of working whilst maintaining service levels and, by doing so, ensure that CCG is fit for the future.
We work closely with CCG and HMRC stakeholders to ensure there are clear links and alignment across all our activities.
Investing in you
HMRC is one of the country’s largest employers, with around 66,000 people working across the UK.
Whatever your role, you’ll be amongst people with an incredible range of skills and experience.
We’re committed to investing in you and your development and with access to regular learning sessions and webinars from a range of cross-sector providers, we’ll give you all the tools you need to do a brilliant job.
We want everyone to feel valued, supported and comfortable being their true self at work. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer, supporting social mobility and giving opportunities to people whatever their background.
Key benefits include:
- Base salary of up to £90K dependent upon experience
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional ones paid leave commemorating the Queen’s Birthday
- Civil Service pension - highly competitive contributory scheme
- Flexible working schemes, including part- time or term-time working
- Generous paid maternity / paternity leave (notably higher than the statutory minimum)
- Tax-Free Childcare (TFC) scheme
- Interest-free travel/ bicycle loans
- Onsite facilities including fitness centres and staff canteens (where applicable)
- Learning and development tailored to your role
Closing Date for Applications
Sunday 24 October 2021 (23:55)
Preliminary Interviews with GatenbySanderson
w/c Monday 1 November 2021
Assessments, Stakeholder Engagement Exercise (SEE) & Fireside Chats (FSC)
Thursday 11 November 2021 to Wednesday 17 November 2021
Final Panel Interviews
Friday 19 November 2021
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit:
- An up to date and relevant CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements
- A Supporting Statement (no more than 2 pages of A4) that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements.
- Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable.
- Please include the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. We will not approach your referees without your prior permission.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
Should you wish to have a confidential conversation with to explore this role before applying please contact us
ContactsSarah Luxford: 07812 150 386Andre Morris: 07802 440 897Lisa Paul-Wickham: 07570 654 500