£43,857 to £50,845
Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council
Situated at the very heart of England on the border of the East and West Midlands, Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council is a place of great opportunity. We are well connected by major transport links to cities across the region, with access to major road and rail infrastructure, and airports in Birmingham and East Midlands.
We are an aspirational authority, with a clear strategy and focus, allowing you to use your skills and influence to make a dramatic impact. Leading an enthusiastic and dedicated Development Management team, you will make the most of the huge investment and regeneration going on across the Borough. We are seeking someone who will will match our ambition, driven to deliver our many varied projects, ensuring our Development Management Service is agile and flexible to meet our resident’s needs.
You will see the potential in every opportunity, bringing solutions that allow us to achieve the ambitions of our communities, our strategic aspirations and sustainable growth. A strong commercial approach will be essential, along with great people leadership skills and an ability to influence others and build relationships with partners and stakeholders.
You will be an experienced planner with a proven track record, ideally in a local government or similar environment. You will confidently manage and co-ordinate the delivery of the Borough’s Development Management Service, including planning applications, appeals, enforcement, and all related matters. Excellent performance and quality outcomes should come naturally. Most importantly, you will have ideas and solutions to unlock problems.
We can offer you the opportunity to further develop your career within an excellent authority, with the benefits of flexible working, a local car user allowance policy and professional development opportunities.
25th October 2021 at 9am
November - dates TBC
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ContactsPhilip Emms: 07590 225 472