Littlehampton, West Sussex
Up to £125,000
21 November 2021
Arun District Council
The district of Arun is one of the best places to live, work and visit on the South Coast. It sits in the southern central area of West Sussex and is divided between a broad rural area in the north, with much sitting in the South Downs National Park, and an urban coastline stretching between Littlehampton, Bognor Regis, and beyond.
We have high ambition for our area and are looking for a Chief Executive to transform our well-run council. What we do we do very well. We have great parks; good housing; and efficient services. But we aspire for so much more. We are looking for a dynamic enabler to boost skills, develop jobs and drive investment, bringing prosperity to our residents and businesses.
With an ambitious and bold outlook, you will help create the conditions that will enable investment in important social and economic priorities, programmes and services, delivering real change and outcomes in our district. Your passion and enthusiasm for Arun will see you: accelerate the regeneration of our towns by developing and leveraging your relationships with key external partners; develop and diversify our income streams, putting the generated resource back into the projects that will create the biggest impact; and realise the full potential for our district, our businesses and the 160,000 people that call Arun home.
If you are motivated by delivering great outcomes, please get in touch with our retained partners at GatenbySanderson, Frazer Thouard (07384 810 743) or Alex Hayes (0113 205 6109).
Sunday 21st November
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org