Up to £212,500 depending on experience
26 September 2021
NHS England & NHS Improvement
The ICS for Devon serves a population of 1.2 million people and is a partnership of health and social care organisations working together with local communities across Devon, Plymouth and Torbay to improve people’s health, wellbeing and care. Through working together, it aims to transform health and care services so they are clinically, socially and financially sustainable.
Their partner organisations include:
- NHS Devon Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust
- Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
- Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust
- Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
- Devon Partnership NHS Trust
- Devon County Council
- Plymouth City Council
- Torbay Council
- Livewell Southwest CIC
Do you have the vision to deliver a new healthcare approach for patients in England?
Integrated care systems (ICSs) are partnerships of health and care organisations that come together to plan and deliver joined up services and to improve the health of people who live and work in their area. They exist to improve outcomes in population health and healthcare; tackle inequalities in patient outcomes, experience and access; enhance productivity and value for money and support broader social and economic development in their area.
As CEO of the ICS’s Integrated Care Board (ICB) you will work with your colleagues, your community and your partners to deliver a long-term strategy to achieve this.
There are now 42 ICSs covering the whole of England, each serving between 500,000 and three million people. Each ICB will hold a substantial budget for commissioning high quality patient care and the authority to establish performance arrangements to ensure this is delivered.
Final appointment as ICB Chief Executive would be dependent on the passage of the Health and Care Bill, and, subject to any potential amendments made to that Bill, be made formally by the ICB Chair on establishment.
These are significant, high-profile roles at the cutting edge of public sector reform. To succeed you will need:
- To share our belief that ICSs should reflect all the communities they serve and the ambition of the NHS long term plan.
- Significant board level, and CEO experience leading across regulated environments.
- Strong, strategic leadership skills, critical reasoning and numeracy, with the experience of stewardship of significant public funds, good governance and delivering impactful public outcomes.
- A track record of leading transformational and digital change and an ability to establish a new organisation, top-team and healthy, stakeholder-led culture across your system. You will know how to lead sophisticated engagement and performance strategies at system level.
- To be politically astute and an exceptional communicator. This will be demonstrated though a track record of building trusted partnerships which have driven practical, community-led change.
- To bring current health experience and thinking which drives improvements in care, long-term, preventative strategies for population health and for tackling health inequality.
- You will have great personal integrity and expect this in others. You will actively champion diversity, inclusion, and equality of opportunity for all.
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better patient outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, sex, gender, identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustment for people who have a disability.
If you have any queries please refer to the Applicant Information Pack on this site initially. If you would like a confidential discussion regarding the role, please contact GatenbySanderson: Julia St Clare at firstname.lastname@example.org or Melanie Shearer on 07785 616 548.
For a confidential discussion with the Chair contact Dame Suzi Leather on email@example.com
23.59 on 26th September 2021
Stakeholder Engagement Event
Final Panel Interviews
How to apply
To apply for this role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV, completed fit and proper person form, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you have any problems, please get in touch with the named contacts detailed in the role listing.