circa. £100k p.a.
Lancashire County Council
Lancashire is a unique and ambitious county situated in the Northwest of England, a place where we are committed to creating a better future for those who live, work and visit. Which is why we are looking to recruit a new Director of Education, Culture and Skills to help us realise our ambition for all our children, young people and their families to be safe, healthy and to achieve their full potential in life.
We are looking for an individual with passion and ambition, who will bring experience as a strategic leader to motivate and inspire a committed and talented team of professionals on our improvement journey. You will have a successful record of developing strong, clear strategies and operational services which support schools, early intervention and prevention work, and you will understand the complex landscape in which we work. You will also be responsible for continuing the important work of developing a coherant further education skills strategy whilst maximising cultural opportunities across Lancashire.
As a member of the Directorate Management Team you will contribute and influence at the highest levels within our organisation and with our partners, demonstrating high levels of professionalism, strategic input, corporate working, collaboration and political sensitivity.
We do not have a ‘one size fits all’ idealism, we embrace diversity and that includes around personal and family requirements. Your hours may vary or change and for us, delivering successful outcomes is more important than watching the clock.
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce so we would especially welcome applications from those who would support that challenge whilst enhancing our service by joining us.
For a for a confidential discussion contact Nick Cole on 07867 451183 or Philip Emms on 07590 225472 at GatenbySanderson.
1st October 2021
4th October 2021
6th October 2021
Panel interviews and assessments
11th October 2021
13th October 2021
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
ContactsNick Cole: 07867 451 183Philip Emms: 07590 225 472Alex Hayes: 0113 205 6109