Midlands / East of England
27 September 2021
As one of the largest housing groups in the Midlands and East of England, Longhurst Group owns and manages over 23,500 homes and we deliver wide range of care and support services. We operate in 50 local authority areas, we have over 1,200 colleagues, and as well as housing we supply Care and Support to over 3500 people.
Our mission is very clear to us, we want to make a positive difference to people’s lives, but we want to do even more. We put our customers first and work in collaboration with partners that share our ambition which is to tackle the challenging issues faced by our communities and to continually improve lives.
We are looking for a new Chair of the Board’s Audit and Risk Committee with knowledge of directing a complex, regulated business such as ours, and regardless of your sector background, someone who appreciates the benefits of a commercial approach, alongside the necessity for first class service. As well as excellent chairing skills, you will bring with you a deep understanding of good governance, finance and risk, along with experience of being part of - or working with - a non-executive Board, ensuring high performance and importantly good decision-making.
You will also have the emotional intelligence required to inspire a high-performing Committee and offer confidence to the Board. Team focused, with considerable energy, and a passion for sustainable growth, you’ll strongly identify with our vision and priorities, and enable us to collectively achieve our objectives to provide customer led services and invest in homes and communities.
Should you wish to discuss the opportunity further, please contact our advisors at GatenbySanderson; Simon Wing on 0207 426 3976, Zoe Wortley on 07393 013 066 or Gillian Young on 01908 230265.
Closing date: Monday 27th September 2021 – 9am
27th September, 9am
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com