£75,880 - £86,880
City of London Corporation
Join the City of Memory-Protectors
Director of the London Metropolitan Archives
At the City of London Corporation, we don’t take our rich heritage for granted. That’s why our London Metropolitan Archives are so important. With resources dating back to 1067, this unmatchable collection is comprised of documents, photos, maps and digital media – and it’s our job to collect, preserve and share them so that London’s story is available to all.
You’ll be at the head of this ambition as you lead our service. With a determination to make our archives inclusive and accessible, you’ll use your knowledge of archives administration and policy to deliver key projects such as the digitisation and licensing of our resources. Leading a team of around 85, you will manage a large budget, and you will develop staff in order to meet performance targets. From setting the vision of the service through to overseeing record keeping within the Square Mile, this is a valuable opportunity to take responsibility for an internationally acclaimed resource.
We are keen to hear from experienced archivists with a background in managing large-scale public services, or equivalent, as well as leaders of cultural organisations with a passion for London’s rich history. You will be a strategic thinker and inspirational leader who can successfully lead change across a team – so you’ll also need exceptional communication and networking skills. “
In return, you can look forward to a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
To apply, please contact Frazer Thouard (07384 810 743) or Elise Kanareck (020 7426 3370) at our retained partners at GatenbySanderson.
Friday 1st October
Monday 4th October
Final Panel Interviews
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org