£15,000 per annum
Wythenshawe Community Housing Group
At Wythenshawe Community Housing Group we are incredibly proud to play a pivotal role in the Manchester communities which we serve. Managing almost 14,000 properties, our core purpose is to provide good quality homes and services to our 29,000 tenants and leaseholders, and we take a leading role in creating safer, healthier communities We are a community based organisation that goes beyond housing - in Wythenshawe we are a major local employer, investor, support provider and enabler, building on the strengths of local people, organisations and the wider community.
Our current Chair’s successful tenure will soon be ending, so we are now looking for another inspirational Chair to lead and enhance an organisation that has been recognised by the Top Employers Institute as a Top Employer UK for three years running since 2019. With the highest possible rating (G1/V1) from our regulator, this is an opportunity to lead a high-performing board with a diverse range of skills and experiences. It’s an excellent time to join us.
A superb relationship builder with plenty of energy, you’ll bring an inclusive chairing style and strategic leadership experience from customer focused, ideally regulated, environments. You needn’t have social housing experience, although a passion for ensuring the best possible customer outcomes, and an insight into communities such as ours, and the challenges that they face day to day, are essential. With impeccable integrity, and values that match ours, you will be someone who actively encourages diversity of opinion, and who thrives in a culture of constructive challenge, growth and positive change. The time commitment will be circa four to six days per month.
Should you wish to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Nick Roberts on 07393 013697 or Tim Hills on 07393 011130. All applications should be received by 9am on Monday 18th October 2021.
Monday 18th October 2021 - 9am
Late October 2021
Early November 2021
Mid November 2021
w/c 22nd November 2021
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org