08 July 2021
Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council
The vision for Barnsley Council is making Barnsley the place of possibilities. We are a Council with ambition, flair and imagination with a real drive and focus on continuous improvement. Our vision is working together for a brighter future, a better Barnsley. Our customer focus, innovation and commercial thinking has helped us to be a high performing and sustainable organisation and Barnsley Children’s Services are a ‘good’ and high performing service.
As Service Director, you will provide strategic and operational leadership across children’s social care and safeguarding. You will be working with a highly committed workforce, partners and colleagues, who are striving to deliver even better outcomes for children and young people in the borough. Building upon our excellent reputation as a place where good social work flourishes, we are looking for a professionally qualified social worker, who not only has a proven track record of managing children’s social care services, but also has the drive and enthusiasm to be part of our journey to outstanding.
Whether you are an existing Assistant Director or searching for the next step in your career, this role will give you the opportunity to make a real impact
Please find below the links to the following publications:
- Children & Young People’s Plan 2019-22 here
- Barnsley Council Plan 2021-24 here
- Barnsley Safeguarding Children’s Annual report here
- Barnsley 2030 website here
8th July 2021 at 12noon
9th July 2021
13th July 2021
21st July 2021
23rd July 2021
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
ContactsPhilip Emms: 0113 205 6078Gary Evans: 0113 205 6080Alex Hayes: 0113 205 6109