26 July 2021
Pendle Borough Council
Pendle has the best of both worlds, with stunning open countryside and iconic hills dotted with peaceful villages and vibrant towns but also great connections to Manchester, West Yorkshire and the rest of Lancashire.
Alongside the appointment of a new Chief Executive Officer and with a new Administration and Leader in place, the Council is looking to recruit a progressive Chief Finance Officer to strengthen our financial position and prepare us for the changing landscape of local government.
As the Section 151 Officer, you will be the principal advisor to Council on all financial matters but also a member of the Corporate Leadership Team with responsibility for developing our commercial strategy and managing our key external contract for corporate support functions.
We're looking for a technically able candidate with a high level of experience working with Members to explore the art of the possible and a track record of building effective relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
This is a turning point for the Council and a wonderful opportunity for an innovative, aspirational and ambitious candidate with a record of success in local government to lead and support us on the next step of our journey to create opportunities and prosperity for the diverse communities we serve.
26th July at 9am
Initial selection process
w/c 16th August 2021
w/c 23rd August 2021
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
ContactsNick Cole: 07867 451 183 Gary Evans: 0113 205 6080 Rachel Salvia: 020 7426 3374