26 July 2021
Pendle Borough Council
Pendle has the best of both worlds, with stunning open countryside and iconic hills dotted with peaceful villages and vibrant towns but also great connections to Manchester, West Yorkshire and the rest of Lancashire.
With a new Administration and Leader, the Council is looking to recruit a progressive Chief Executive Officer to deliver on Members’ policy ambitions and transformation agenda. Our focus is on sustainable economic recovery, inward investment, local business support, town centre regeneration and the provision of excellent council services delivered through digitally-enabled, modern and efficient methods.
Relationships with Government, County, town and parish councils, partners, neighbours and local employers are important to us, so the Chief Executive will bring a track record of effective stakeholder engagement, credibility, ideas and a fresh hands-on approach to how we do business in the future.
This is a turning point for the Council and a wonderful opportunity for an innovative, aspirational and ambitious candidate with a record of success in local government to lead us on the next step of our journey to create opportunities and prosperity for the diverse communities we serve.
26th July at 9am
Initial selection process
w/c 2nd August 2021
w/c 9th August 2021
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ContactsGary Evans: 0113 205 6080 Nick Cole: 07867 451 183 Elise Kanareck: 0113 205 6280