Flexible - Main UK Hubs (Cranfield, Telford & Edinburgh)
11 July 2021
Agri-EPI Centre Ltd
About the job
The Agricultural Engineering Precision Innovation (Agri-EPI) Centre is driving the engineered technology and digital transformation of the agricultural sector. Our objective is to connect innovators across the industry and nurture their ideas to bring to market new and exciting agri-tech that can transform the efficiency and productivity of farmers via our world-class R&D facilities, on-farm projects and collaboration across our international member network.
Our work requires a real passion for exploring novel technologies and seeing how technology like imaging, robotics and AI can optimise agricultural performance, and genuine enthusiasm about the future of agriculture. As well as working closely with farmers, scientists, academics, government bodies and retailers, we also promote UK agri-tech solutions abroad through our network of farms, bringing the benefits of cutting-edge technology to farmers around the world. With the right people we can push UK farming forward for the benefit of everyone. Global agriculture is facing numerous challenges, from fast-growing populations to the pressures of climate change, and there’s never been a more exciting time to be a part of technological innovations that will prove pivotal to the lives of farmers, suppliers and wider society.
We are at a time of growth and transition and are now looking for a CTO who will provide leadership, drive innovation, and steer technical growth. Reporting to the CEO, you will work with a diverse range of stakeholders internally and externally and be a key ambassador for Agri-EPI with responsibilities that include:-
- Overseeing all technical aspects of Agri-EPI Centre, for the purpose of organisational growth, and establishing a technological vision and strategy as well as leading the company's technological development and assets deployment.
- Providing an internationally recognised level of technical excellence in the areas of activity of agri-food technology.
- Working with the business development team to provide technical insight and expertise that contributes to the generation of new ideas and projects in collaboration with our members and partners
- Continue to build and mature strong working relationships with partners, government, industry and the wider, international agritech community and ensure they are continually informed of the Agri-EPIs mission, focus and work
- Lead, motivate and manage the technical and project teams, fostering a culture of inclusion and high performance
- Be responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of programmes of work, leading the PMO team to ensure financial and operational targets are met.
- Strong track record in the agri-food technology sector, in a leadership role, is highly desirable.
- Proven experience of setting, communicating and translating a strategic vision into deliverable operational plans
- A proven ability to build effective relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders, capable of flexing your style, to understand and engage with different audiences
- Strong programme management skills
- Proven track record of developing high performing, agile teams
- Proven commercial expertise including contract negotiation and supplier management and managing commercial budgets
- Excellent communicator
This is an unrivalled opportunity working with a dedicated senior leadership team, with autonomy and profile helping to transform the farming industry whilst shielding the UK food system from climate change and population growth impact.
Closing Date for Applications (Please note this role may close earlier)
Sunday 11 July 2021 @ 11.59pm
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit:
- An up to date and relevant CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements
- Please provide mobile and email contact details.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.
ContactsSundas Gull: 07545318869