£77,046 - £95,230
30 July 2021
Birmingham City Council
At Birmingham City Council, we’re on an exciting journey of growth and change. We’re innovating across a huge range of services, with a focus on delivering great life outcomes for our 1.2million residents. Housing, a commitment to sustainability and the development of sector-leading digital solutions and public services are central to our plans providing an exciting opportunity to join us, and deliver the boldest ideas and concepts to build on the fantastic opportunity which the Commonwealth Games 2022 offers the city and region.
As Assistant Director Skills & Employability, you’ll shape our vision of a city where every child, citizen and place matters. You’ll do this by leading on high profile employment initiatives for the City aiming to reduce worklessness in conjunction with the LEP and Combined Authority.
You’ll also create credible pathways into sustainable careers through work experience, traineeships, apprenticeships and bespoke recruitment services.
Collaborating with public, private and voluntary sector providers, you’ll develop and deliver an all-age impartial careers education.
You’ll be at the heart of Extended Leadership Team, leading and managing the portfolio of services including: 14-19 Participation, 14-19 Career Pathways, Adult Education, Birmingham Careers Service, Skills Development, Libraries and Youth Services.
You’ll also lead across the organisation, setting clear goals, managing performance and resources, and creating a working environment where employees will flourish.
This is more than a job, you’ll drive change, growing the number of opportunities for young people with complex needs and disabilities, as well as securing much needed resources and funding for people from priority wards.
This is a truly unique role with scope to bring lasting change to a dynamic and exciting city. If you want real challenges that will maximise your potential, then get in touch.
30th July 2021
3rd August 2021
6th and 17th August 2021
24th August 2021
17th September 2021
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
ContactsNick Cole: 07867 451 183Alex Hayes: 0113 205 6109